Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nothing fancy

Soft Polenta with a Canned Tomato, Onion, and Sausage Sauce. Or, for those from the Cleveland area, Organic Polenta (Cornmeal) from the West Side Food Co-op, Big Daddy Onion and Organic Berkshire Hot Italian Sausage from the Shaker Square Indoor Winter Farmers Market (Not sure of the name of the folks selling the onion, but they're the only ones there with tons of onions and potatoes--the pork is from Country Gristmill, in the other part of the Market.).

For cooking the polenta, I just added cornmeal to water put on the boil with some salt. I cooked it down, stirring often, until the texture looked good. I added more salt, pepper, and butter to taste. The sauce started with sweated onions, to which I added the sausage. Once the sausage was cooked I added a can of tomatoes and cooked it all down, seasoning along the way. Added a quick garnish of chopped parsley and that was it.

Here are the leftovers the next day (after the polenta cooled I sliced and pan seared it, and cheese instead of parsley):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it that you are already done making your dinner while I am still at work?

The CFT said...

I think it comes down to compensation. That and I start earlier than you.

Anonymous said...

That polenta looks so yummy! I had completely forgotten how much I like it, and now you've got me craving it.

The CFT said...

Always glad to cause a craving. I've been enjoying your posts, and look forward to seeing how you work the cornmeal.