Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tomorrow, minibar

At long last, tomorrow a friend and I will be dining here. I've managed to avoid burning my mouth or suffering any other palate impairing injury for the past week, so I think I'm good to go.

As for what I expect, I think DonRocks at egullet summed it up best with his response to an Al_Dente comment. Mr. Dente stated: "In all seriousness, another thing I liked about the meal was the pace and serving sizes. I didn't walk out of there feeling like I had too much to eat-- I was perfectly satisfied. "

To which Mr. Rocks replied: "I can honestly say this was the first 34-course meal I've ever had that was followed by two Wendy's spicy chicken filet [sic] sandwiches on the way home. (Seriously.)"

I'm hoping for a good version of that. Also, please note that Messrs. Dente and Rocks were both "serious," and query how many 34-course meals Mr. Rocks has had.

Hope all the domestic readers enjoyed some turkey yesterday. I will likely report on minibar soon. And please forgive the temporary Coffee War cease fire. It is rather tentative and fighting will resume soon.

No comments: