Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pasta with Lamb-Tomato Sauce

Curry flavored pasta with a ground lamb-tomato-onion-carrot-squash-basil sauce. There were some chili flakes in there too. Lamb, carrots, and onion from the farmers market, canned tomato from the West Side food co-op, Italian heirloom squash and basil from the garden, and homemade pasta.

Short posts lately, and not too many this week either. It will be the trend for the next few weeks while The CFT relocates. Not sure whether it's a move up, down, or sideways, but the new place will be mine, complete with peaches, black walnuts (at least for the remainder of the season), mint, concord grapes (that will be replaced with a more worthy berry), a chicken coop that predates me, and enough work to warrant a 40 yard dumpster (not to worry--I'm saving/repurposing what I can). In the meantime, please bear with me.

3 comments:

OhioMom said...

I hope you take pics as you relocate ... a chicken coop ?

The CFT said...

Indeed, a chicken coop. Good chance it will see new life as a chicken tractor, although I do love my chicken/egg people at the Market, so I'm torn.

As for pics, we'll see. Right now it's a war zone.

maybelles mom said...

oh I am totally gonzo for heirloom chickens. Oh, this of the lovely eggs and how beautiful they would look on your blog....