Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A ceviche like no other?

Hog snapper, diced beets, early garlic, cilantro, lime and lemon juice, salt and pepper, a dash of Tapatio.

You can see the acid starting to cook the fish. I love ceviche, and usually go with shrimp in a mix including tomato, red onion, and chilies. But I used what was around, and it was very enjoyable.

And, Ms. Ohio Mom, here you go. While I'm normally not a chain mail kind of guy, I'm no Spice Hound either:

From Cooking in Cleveland . . .
The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Randomly me ....
1. I just bought a house because it has 3 peach trees in the backyard
2. I miss watching local professional ice hockey
3. One of my guilty pleasures is the Taco Bell 7 Layer Burrito with 2 (or 3) fire sauce packets
4. While I love hot dogs with mustard, and even the Chicago dog, the smell of ketchup on hot dogs makes me a bit nauseous
5. My dream as a child was to be a short order greasy spoon chef (The dream lives on.)
6. I'm not sure I'm ready to tag six people, but I may be soon

1 comment:

OhioMom said...

Oh, peach trees ... I am green with envy :)